Multiple Storage Clusters for Loading Data
You can load data in the that contains multiple storage clusters. Take these considerations into account for loading in a multi-cluster environment and the related troubleshooting.
- Loader Nodes send data to all Foundations Nodes in the system.
- Distribution of data loaded to each cluster is proportional to its total capacity.
- Every Loader Node loads to every cluster that belongs to the storage space of the target tables. Depending on the location of the tables, the database or schema could contain multiple storage spaces.
- A storage cluster can only belong to one storage space.
Dropping a cluster is not supported in an Ocient system that contains multiple storage clusters. However, you can drop a cluster in a system that contains only one cluster.
- If a cluster shuts down, the load stops and provides results after the cluster is available again.
- The load is tolerant of Loader Node failures as the load can make progress when at least one Loader Node is still available.
- Before adding or removing a node, storage drive, or cluster, you must stop the load. Stop the LAT and any CREATE TABLE AS SELECT or INSERT INTO SELECT SQL statements. Otherwise, the load fails.
Contact Ocient Support for help with a complex multiple storage cluster setup.